We are very much looking forward to this international conference which will be hosted by Northumbria University on the 1st and 2nd of November 2018.
The conference will bring together creative writers and researcher in literary and cultural studies with an interest in Britain and Europe to explore questions about Britain’s relationship with Europe and the place of writers and intellectuals in defining it.
There is already an impressive list of confirmed speakers:
- Professor Tanja BUELTMANN (Northumbria University)
- Dr Katie COOPER (University of East Anglia)
- Professor Robert EAGLESTONE (Royal Holloway, University of London), editor of Brexit and Literature: Critical and Cultural Responses(2018)
- Professor Ina HABERMANN (Universität Basel)
- Professor Jason HARDING (University of Durham)
- Professor Barbara KORTE (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg)
- Professor Christian MAIR (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg)
- Professor Gill PLAIN (University of St Andrews)
- Dr Petra RAU (University of East Anglia)
- Dr Laura LOJO RODRIGUEZ (Universidade de Santiago de Compostela)
- Dr Fiona SHAW (Northumbria University), author of young-adult ‘BrexLit’ novel Outwalkers(2018)
You can find the call for papers and further information here: